As mentioned in my previous post, I have been busy looking up software to help supplement the flash cards and workbooks with my son. We have problem with him working independently on a project. If I give him memory cards, it requires me to sit with him and prompt the activity.
I have found a program that is reasonably priced in helping him learn and improve academic skills. It was written my an autistic parent with the understanding that some children will require lots of repetition.
You can do a 30 day FREE trial to see if it meets your needs, once you have completed the 30 days you can email them and request more time if needed. The cost of the software is $150, which is a great price compared to some that I have seen. I couldn’t believe that some places were charging $1,000-$20,000 for their program.
I have been using this program a couple of days now, and I have to say that compared to the others I “test drove” this seems to be a winner. Some things I like about it:
1. It will continue asking the question until the child gets the right answer
2. There are short little breaks in the lesson, which is a great help for the children who can’t concentrate on something for very long.
3. The program can be customized to meet your child’s needs, including how long he/she spends on a lesson.
4. It is a great bonus that they offer a Trial period in order for you to see if it will meet your needs, without having to waste more money on something that won’t work.
5. This program allows the child to work independently
Since there is a FREE trial, I highly recommend trying it out and see if it works for your child’s needs.